February 6, 2014

Mahogany Ish


Today was an extremely long day for me, meetings, interviews, more meetings, lunch at my daughter's school, then another meeting before the kids got home and I have to take off my Blogger Hat and adorn my Super Mom Cape.  
I'll tell you a little secret about my dressing routine....there is none! LOL. The only time I pay attention to details of what dress, shoes, or handbag I should wear is if I'm packing for an extended trip. Other than that, I stand in my closet in the wee hours of the morning, still half asleep and just grab stuff and throw it on. Most of the time it works, and the time I'm just not feeling a look I just wear it anyway and pretend I planned to look as such. HAHAHA Own it! 


  This morning I did a double-take at my mirror on the way out of the door and I literally started laughing. Totally unplanned, but somehow I ended up channeling one of my style idols Mrs Diana Ross in her 1975 film Mahogany. (If you haven't seen it then you need to be put in the corner on time out) 



 Handbag: Kate Spade NY (sold out)   LOVE Rings: Charlotte Russe 

  Metallic Ballet Flats: ZARA (past season) similar HERE

 Trench-coat: Charlotte Russe (sold out) Similar HERE in 3 colors




xoxo,
Osa

1 comment: